onsdag 22 februari 2012

The Lent is on - Emissions are down to 0

Heey, Everyone!

Today, the 22nd of February, the Period of Lent starts. Traditionally in the Christian belief it's closely related to giving up parts of your life in order to reach higher goals, become close to Jesus or so. Nowadays, the kinds of fasting that I've heard of, might involve not using Facebook, only eating vegetarian food, not using Computer etc.

So I though, why not go with something less regular? And since I'm into the Green Movement, discussing issues of  Environment and Global Warming, let's try reducing emissions to an absolute minimum - and offset the rest, making the impact 0.This far, neither eating nor showering has been very difficult. A lot of things and routines are something I do every day, and for these 40 Days I have to switch routines, change the way I live.The first day went pretty smoothly, though with way too much water-use as well as electricity. I'll be working on getting the numbers down.

From today on, for 40 Days I'll be writing about my experiences in this blog, as well as living a life without Emissions. Interstate 40. Let's go!

40 Days, starting now - Are you ready?

1 kommentar: